Monday, September 8, 2014

IRB Intro #1 "In Cold Blood"


I have always been interested in murder.  Some have called my slight obsession “creepy” or “psychotic”.  I joke of course, but this subject is not a subject one would readily admit that they enjoy.  So, that interest in murder led me to the book In Cold Blood by Truman Capote.  This murder story is Capote’s most famous work, although he has written numerous other pieces, including plays, movies, short stories, essays, and the eternally famous Breakfast at Tiffany’s.  What drew me to this book was the idea of reading a true crime novel.  I usually read fiction murder stories by the genius Agatha Christie.  This was a great way to transition from the comfortable world of fiction to the unstable, unknown realm of nonfiction.  I hope to learn more about real crimes, since I mostly stay in made-up crime scenes.  It will also be a comparison to works of fiction, because as they say, “The truth is stranger then fiction.”  If that’s true, I’m in for a rollercoaster.       

No comments:

Post a Comment